Saturday, October 25, 2014

Is this thing on???

Hi there... I'm not sure if you remember me. It's been a while. Like, a really long while. A few things have changed since the last time we talked, but the biggest change of all is that I had a baby. Being a mom is wonderful and I love it, but that's not what I'm going to talk about. This blog is about getting up the courage to move my body despite being exhausted. It's about remembering that there is a good kind of tired and not just the "I feel like I was hit by a freight train 3-5 times last night" kind. It's about not being ready to wear mom jeans.
So. Let's make a plan, shall we? How do we start? What's reasonable? What are some SMART goals that I can make? (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely)

I need to start really small or else I will get overwhelmed, so I'm going to set the following goal: By Thanksgiving, I want to be able to do a sub-15 minute mile and 3 real push ups. Like I said, I need small. I haven't timed my mile recently, and I am fairly certain I can't do one real push up at this point. I feel like those goals are achievable, and, for me, that's the most important thing. If I get the happy surprise of being in better shape than I think I am, I can revise my goal but I will still feel happy if that doesn't happen. Now...who's with me?  

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! You can do it! As an aside, every time I run down the hill by the temple, I still think of the time when I saw you hiking up. You are strong!

    ReplyDelete